|INTERMOT - THE MAIN EVENT
May 18 2004
For full information on INTERMOT Munchen 2004, the European launchpad for all the major manufacturer's 2005 ranges, go to the English Language section of the INTERMOT website at: http://www.intermot-muenchen.de
Motorcycle Trader, in association with Pressplan Travel, are offering special accommodation and flight arrangements to Munich enabling our readers to attend Intermot with maximum ease and convenience. Let Pressplan make all your arrangements for you. With just one telephone call you can book your accommodation and travel.
Recognised throughout the world as the leading trade fair for the motorcycle industry, Intermot will be staged at the impressive Munich Exhibition Complex between Wednesday 15 and Sunday 19 September.
As anyone who attends Intermot on a regular basis knows, acquiring good accommodation in Munich during the exhibition can be problematic. In addition, there is now the added task of shopping around on the Internet to find the cheapest airfares which can be both time consuming and frustrating.
Pressplan, with its 30 years experience in the trade fair market, provides the solution. With just one telephone call to Pressplan all the necessary arrangements can be made at the best possible prices.
Simply select your accommodation from Pressplan's extensive list of hotels, nominate your preferred airport for departure and dates of travel and Pressplan will provide a personalised quotation based on your individual itinerary and requirements.
For INTERMOT, Pressplan is offering an extensive choice of city centre hotels ranging from 3*** to 5***** to suit all needs and budgets. Prices start from just £98 per night in single accommodation inclusive buffet breakfast, service and tax. All of Pressplan's recommended hotels have been specifically selected for their exceptional locations for easy access to the fairgrounds.
Due to the popularity of Intermot, Pressplan stress that accommodation in Munich is at a premium and therefore readers should act quickly if they want to stay in the city centre with its bustling bars and restaurants and excellent public transport connections to the fairgrounds.
Pressplan always quote the lowest airfares available at the time of booking including low cost carriers. However, as with all low cost and promotional airfares, early booking is recommended to achieve the best rates. Therefore the advice coming from Pressplan is that readers should book sooner rather than later if they want to take advantage of the cheaper fares.
If you have not yet booked your accommodation or travel to INTERMOT call Pressplan without delay - THE ONE CALL BOOKS ALL SERVICE. Contact Suzanne, Georgia, Janet or Claire on 0845 644 1381 or email email@example.com.
Alternatively, visit the website at www.pressplantravel.com for further information
INTERMOT München 2004 13 - 14 May 2004 in Munich
- The leading international trade fair for motorcycles, scooters and accessories.
- A first-class communication and information platform taking place every two years.
- Unique mix of world premieres, show, action and motorcycle events.
REVIEW OF 2002
- No. of exhibitors: 1,041 (2000: 1,007)
- Exhibitors from 38 countries (2000: 33 countries)
- No. of visitors: 147,181 (2000: 138,005)
- Visitors from 113 countries (2000: 85)
- Trade visitor proportion: 40 % (2000: 32 %)
- Open-air site: 44,000 m2 (net)
2004 EXHIBITOR SALES AT 13.05.2004
- Over 900 exhibitors from 35 countries
- Around 74 % of exhibitors from outside Germany
- Around 110,000 m2 of exhibition space in nine halls
- Around 40,000 m2 on open-air site
- 11 joint participations from 8 countries including the UK - Contact MCIE for details - firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERMOT München is the most important event in the motorcycle, scooter and accessories sector. Since its premiere in 1998, INTERMOT has developed into the leading international trade fair for the sector. It is held every two years, alternating with the EICMA in Milan. The fair is a first-class communication and information platform for the entire industry in motorised two-wheelers. It represents a valuable opportunity for market orientation and product presentation. INTERMOT München is taking place for the fourth time this year - it is to be held from the 15th to the 19th September 2004 at the New Munich Trade Fair Centre.
INTERMOT München 2002 was a great success with the motorcycle and motorscooter sector. This was confirmed in a survey conducted by an independent market research institute:
- 87 percent of exhibitors gave INTERMOT München 2002 the top rating of 'excellent to good'.
- 90 percent gave the top rating of 'excellent to good' to their achievement of the goal of 'consolidating relations with existing customers'.
- 83 percent of exhibitors confirmed in the 2002 survey that they would be taking part in the trade fair again in 2004.
The visitors to INTERMOT München 2002 were equally satisfied:
- 92 percent of trade visitors gave the event the top rating of 'excellent to good'. The proportion of trade visitors rose at INTERMOT München 2002 from 32 percent to 40 percent. This demonstrates the international significance of this trade fair.
INFORMATION ABOUT INTERMOT MÜNCHEN 2004
- Official Press Day, Tuesday, 14 September 2004, one day before the start of INTERMOT München 2004. On this day accredited journalists have special access to the fair, to visit the stands of exhibitors from around the world. And it´s a chance to take a close look at their new products, ahead of the crowds.
- On Monday, 13 September 2004, important press conferences will be held by the exhibitors in the ICM, International Congress Centre Munich. Access to the exhibition halls is not possible on this day.
- Travel to the fair: The exhibition centre is easily reached by underground railway in the city. There are two stops at the centre: 'Messestadt-West' and 'Messestadt-Ost'. Journey time from the central station ('Hauptbahnhof') is 20 minutes. Right by the exhibition centre is the motorway. A multi-storey car park, with spaces for 4,600 cars, and open-air car parks are available on the site.
- INTERMOT visitors who arrive by plane can take the special shuttle bus from the airport direct to the exhibition centre. Buses depart every 30 minutes.
- INTERMOT München 2004 is open daily from Wednesday, 15 September to Sunday, 19 September from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. A one-day ticket costs 12 euros, a two-day ticket costs 19 euros. Concessionary tickets cost 9 euros. Groups can buy tickets at a price of 10 euros per person.
- New at this year´s INTERMOT München is an afternoon ticket. This can be obtained for just 5 euros at the ticket desks at the fair, from 2 p.m. onwards. The afternoon ticket is for young people up to the age of 18. Proof of age must be presented. Also new at INTERMOT München 2004 is the extended ticket service. Visitors can buy tickets in advance via the INTERMOT website (www.intermotmuenchen.de) or by phoning the service hotline (Tel: +49 89-949-11608). The tickets are then sent out postage paid. By buying tickets in advance visitors can save a lot of time queuing at the ticket desks at the fair.
Dates: Wednesday, 15 September 2004 to Sunday, 19 September 2004
Event venue: New Munich Trade Fair Centre 81823 Munich, Germany
Opening hours: Daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Info hotline: Tel. (+49 89) 949-11608. Fax (+49 89) 949-11609. Info@intermot-muenchen.de