|HUSQVARNA INTRODUCE ‘RACE READY’ 450 SUPERMOTO
November 28 2005.
Fresh from winning the S2 (450cc) Manufacturers Supermoto World Championship and taking the S1 (open class) Supermoto World Championship with Gerald Delepine, Husqvarna has announced its latest offensive on the Supermoto race scene, the limited edition 2006 SM450RR.
Designed to be competitive straight from the crate, the new Husqvarna SM450RR has been developed with experience direct from the World Championship winning team and follows on the Husqvarna tradition of producing class-leading race bikes, as started with the renowned SMR630 'Eddy Seel replica'.
With availability expected for early January 2006, the high specification SM450RR offers racers in the highly competitive S2 class the perfect opportunity to start the season on a high and to be competitive from the first race.
The specification includes:
- TIG welded main frame with adjustable steering angle (+/- 5 mm. ; +/- 1°)
- Shorter swing arm to improve traction and handling
- TC (MX specification) engine with 6 speed gear box with electric start and kick start
- Full titanium Arrow exhaust system in line with the '06 FIM noise rules (including db killer for further noise reduction if requested).
- STM 'slipper' clutch
- Front wheel 3,5" x 17" with slick Dunlop 120/70 on Rexfelgen rim
- Rear wheel 5" x 17" with slick Dunlop 165/55 on Rexfelgen rim
- Brembo brakes with radial mount front calliper
- CNC machined triple clamps with alloy stem
- Tommaselli 'fat bar' handle bars
- 50 mm Marzocchi USD front forks (fully adjustable)
- Sachs rear shock absorber (fully adjustable)
- Carbon fibre engine covers (clutch cover, ignition cover, rocker cover, front sprocket cover, oil filter cover)
- Carbon fibre engine slides, case cover and frame protection
- Carbon fibre chain guide, shock protector and front mudguard brace
Each bike will also be supplied with a parts kit which includes:
- Bike stand, spacers to adjust handlebar position, spacers to adjust steering angle, hand guards, front and rear sprockets.
Despite the outstanding specification, Husqvarna has priced the SM450RR to be affordable to racers of all abilities with a UK suggested retail price of £7995.00 inc VAT (approx £6805 excluding VAT for VAT registered sponsor / company purchases - a common practice in racing).
Interested in becoming an authorised Husqvarna dealer? Contact Dave Plummer via e mail to email@example.com or phone on 07855 787152.