|SETTING UP AND USING A BUSINESS TAX DASHBOARD
April 30 2012.
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) Business Tax Dashboard is an online service aimed at smaller businesses. You must have enrolled to use either HMRC's Corporation Tax or Self Assessment online service before you can set up a dashboard. You can use your dashboard to see the tax position for your business across different business taxes. It brings together information from your HMRC online services.
What is a Business Tax Dashboard?
If you run a business, HMRC's Business Tax Dashboard will give you an overall picture of your tax position including payments you have made and amounts you still owe. You will be able to see either Corporation Tax or Self Assessment information, depending on the type of business you have. You can also view information on VAT and PAYE for employers, if you have set up your business for these online services.
You can see the overall position for each tax as well as more detailed information, such as any:
• tax you owe
• repayments HMRC owes to you
• payments you have made
• interest on any late payments
• penalties you have incurred
• direct debit payment plans
You can also use this online service to make changes to some business contact details, including your address, telephone number and email address.
What periods does the dashboard cover?
You can use the dashboard to view information as follows.
• Corporation Tax - information for accounting periods from 1 October 1993 onwards
• Self Assessment - information for the tax year 1996-97 onwards
• PAYE for employers - information for the tax year 2010-11 onwards
• VAT - information for the current date and previous 15 months
For further information, visit www.hmrc.gov.uk